The aim of the Playing with Gratitude Project is to build connected workplaces through research and action. Gratitude changes everything, and by everything we mean everything. As teams daily play with gratitude they will begin inviting wellness into their lives, transforming what they see, how they think and why they act at work. The project utilizes some of the work from The New Science of Gratitude (Emmons 2007), The Gratitude Model and Action Research methodology to create fertile environments for change to be realized.
The implications of the Playing with Gratitude Project stretch across three domains of life; psychological, social and physical. For example, current data being collected from the 25 organisations participating in the project is telling us that over the course of the research project (6 months), participants reported the following changes in themselves, their colleagues and workplaces due to practising gratitude every day.
- Self Esteem
Decreased feeling of:
- Feeling down or Depressed
- Focus on Material Things
As a consequence of daily practising gratitude participating staff reported:
- A more connected attitude and confidence to the purpose of their workplace
- A strong shift towards innovative thinking in their positions
- An increased sense of value at work and a positive shift in terms of being a valued and supported team member
- An improved collective communication across teams and organisational levels; this became particularly important during difficult times in the workplace. Participants reported the expression of gratitude actually supported and held them in safety as a group.
- A sense freedom to truly flourish in all aspects of their work as they felt listened to and heard
- Experienced whole team cohesion with a common focus. This was noted to have had a remarkable impact on building stronger relationships with all stakeholders
- The language and practice of gratitude in staff’s wider lives also resulted in many relationships flourishing
If you are looking for your teams to experience this kind of change then this project is for you. You won’t need to be dealing with difficult interpersonal communication sessions anymore. Gratitude works from the inside out for each person and then infects the workplace, creating an environment where mental health can flourish and the bottom line improves.
Basic fee structure:
- Please contact Rod Soper for a package that suits you.
The basic fee will include:
- 4 face to face coaching of professional learning sessions over the 6 or 12 months
- Establishment and ongoing online data collection support
- Data analysis
- Midway and final reports on project findings
- Monthly mentoring for the leadership and Gratitude Champion
- Access to online webinars for continued professional learning and inspiration around the work of gratitude
- Access to online resources and extra project content generated from the ongoing work of the project